The Top 9 Ways Golf is Different From Other Sports
- You call penalties on yourself
- You report your own score
- Your mind and the course are the opponents
- Every course is different—each has its own challenges
- It requires and promotes high principles and values
- You improve your concentration, combining power with finesse and accuracy
- It is a lifelong sport, spanning generations of people who can play
- The handicap system means everyone can play as an equal
- You can play the game on your own, with others or as part of a team
What makes The First Tee Unique?
Kids and teens don’t just learn the fundamentals of a golf swing. Our character education curriculum helps teach junior golfers how to manage emotions, resolve conflicts, communicate, set goals and more!
The Power of Relationships
Additionally, The First Tee coaches create positive relationships that inspire young people to discover their individual potential. Through The First Tee Life Skills Experience curriculum, youth build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to their community, all while learning the game.
Contact your local chapter to find out how the young person in your life can get involved today!