Why Should Girls Play Golf?
Girls participating in sports, like golf, and are physically active*
- Have greater levels of self-esteem and self-image
- Associated with a lower prevalence of sexual risk-taking behaviors
- Are more satisfied with their weight (regardless of how much they weigh)
- Significantly less likely to have ever used illicit drugs
Are you looking for a program that will empower your daughter to succeed? Our golf and life skills programs may be just what she’s looking for.
Girls are encouraged to join any of the programs offered at chapters, and many chapters across the country provide programs geared exclusively for girls. Often led by female coaches and role models, the programs are designed to empower and inspire girls on the golf course, in the classroom and as they pursue college and careers. The programs provide them with the confidence and skills to become tomorrow’s leaders.
- Learn the many life-long benefits from golf
- Build lasting relationships with other girls
- Experience competition in a fun, supportive environment
Programs can vary from chapter to chapter, but some also provide:
- LPGA-USGA Girls Golf
- Personal interaction with LPGA professionals, EWGA members and female PGA of America members
- One-on-one mentoring programs that pairs girls with positive role models in their community
- Assistance with college applications and scholarships
At First Tee, we’re teaching more than the game of golf – through the program, girls are empowered and inspired to succeed in the game of life.
*Women’s Sports Foundation Report, Her Life Depends on It: Sport, Physical Activity and the Health and Well-Being of American Girls, 2004; The Girl Scout Research Institute: The New Normal? What Girls Say About Healthy Living, 2006; Page, R.M., and Tucker, L.A. Journal of Health Education, 1994