Mentors can play a critical role in building the confidence of a young person and helping them feel empowered to pursue their goals. But mentoring relationships go beyond that. They are a shared opportunity for learning and growth. Mentoring not only greatly benefits the person you are teaching, but the experience will also have a positive impact on your life.
During National Mentoring Month and all year-long, First Tee celebrates and recognizes our coaches, who often times are regarded by participants as mentors. Our coaches make a difference and empower kids every day to become the best version of themselves.
- 84 percent of teens and 87 percent of alumni at First Tee said their relationships with their coaches were meaningful and grew stronger over time.
Benefits of Being a Mentor:
- Enjoyment when spending time with someone you care about.
- A sense of accomplishment when your mentee feels empowered and reaches milestones.
- Personal growth and the opportunity to learn more about yourself and how to be an effective leader.
- Knowing you are making an investment in your community and future leaders.
Without caring mentors, positive youth development just doesn’t happen. We believe that a meaningful, quality relationship between coach and participant is vital to our program.
Make a difference today
Offered at more than 1,200 locations across the U.S. and in select international locations, our character building programs are delivered by coaches who are formally trained to empower youth. Check with your local chapter to see if becoming a coach is right for you and change the life of a participant… and yourself.