Wells Fargo is committed to community organizations like First Tee® that help to create a brighter future for young people. This inaugural program celebrates promising First Tee participants/alumni accepted into or from Historically Black College and Universities (HBCUs), who’s interests are around business or entrepreneurial field of study; providing them with an opportunity for mentorship, networking, personal and professional development.
2023 Event Information
Date: May 2 – 5
Location: Charlotte, NC
2023 Selected Alumni
First Tee – Florida Gold Coast
- Currently a college senior at University of Maryland Eastern Shore, studying PGA professional golf management and playing collegiate golf.
- Plans to become general manager of a golf course, country club or resort.
- Grew up dancing and cheerleading before attending a First Tee clinic as a sophomore in high school. Golf has been her passion ever since.
- Loves being outdoors and built a garden on campus.
First Tee – Greater Chicago
- As a freshman and second bag on the golf team at Winston-Salem State, he is also a First Tee Scholar which provides mentorship, professional development, and financial support throughout his collegiate experience.
- Aspires to play on the PGA TOUR.
- Plans to study computer science and built a desktop computer during COVID-19 lockdown.
- Caddies at the Beverly Country Club in Chicago and has volunteered as a coach at First Tee – Greater Chicago.
First Tee – Triangle
- Graduate student at North Carolina A&T University and recipient of the Justin Morrill Scholarship for students majoring in food, agricultural and environmental sciences.
- Plans to study soil conditions as they relate to food and land sustainability.
- Lives with autism and began playing golf as a teenager; finds golf doesn’t cause some of the sensory issues he experienced while playing other sports, including buzzers, whistles and loud cheering.
- Served as a panelist during an ADA event as part of the Raleigh Mayor’s Committee for Persons with Disabilities.