Each year, First Tee reaches 3.7 million kids. In our program, kids develop inner strengths they’ll carry with them everywhere – whether that’s in the classroom, in social situations, or any other field, court, or course they play on.
Proven Results: Lasting Impacts Beyond the Course
At First Tee, we help kids learn life skills, not just golf — and we have the independent research to back it up. After speaking to participants who have been in the program for three years, we found:
- 73% reported high confidence in their ability to do well academically.
- 82% felt confident in their social skills with peers.
- 52% credited the program for their ability to appreciate diversity.
- 100% bridged what they learned in First Tee to school.
In a recent study of teens and alumni involved in First Tee chapters, 80% say the program’s lessons helped them become a better student and had a lasting impact. The longer teens and alumni stayed in the program, the more they reported improvement in:
- interpersonal skills
- understanding and managing emotions
In addition, First Tee alumni are committed to bettering their communities while enrolled in our program and after. Research indicates that 22% of US citizens ages 16-24 participate in community service. First Tee alumni far exceed that threshold:
- 91% of alumni engaged in community service while in First Tee.
- 72% of alumni continued after their time in the program ended.
Participants don’t go through the program alone. Coaches help kids navigate personal growth and moments that build inner strength. Both teens and alumni said their relationship with their coaches grew stronger and more meaningful over time, moving from a coach on the course to a mentor off the course.