With a mentor, at-risk youth are1:
- 81% more likely to report participating regularly in sports or extracurricular activities
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly in their communities
- 55% more likely to enroll in college
How does it happen?New research confirms after participating in The First Tee’s multi-level and multi-year coach development program, coaches are transformed over time from quality coaches to community advocates.
- 90% believe they are better at coaching
- 89% believe they are better at building relationships with youth
- 86% believe they are a mentor
MORE THAN A GAMEOffered at more than 1,200 locations, The First Tee program was developed by experts in the field of positive youth development and is delivered by trained coaches. Our mission is to help prepare kids and teens from all backgrounds for success in all areas of life. Find a location near you
1,2 Mentoring.org 3 “A Lasting Impact: The First Tee’s Role in Fostering Postive Youth Development,” 2015, Springfield College Center for Youth Development and Research 4 Roehlkepartain, E. C., Pekel, K., Syvertsen, A. K., Sethi, J., Sullivan, T. K., & Scales, P. C. (2017). Relationships First: Creating Connections that Help Young People Thrive. Minneapolis, MN: Search Institute.